Notifications
Clear all

Atari Plus 2 USB questions...

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@mrtwo88)
Topic starter  

I just received mine from Amazon today and it seems to be very well built.  Thanks for creating these!  I would have definitely ordered the 4 port version if I had known there was one but that is my mistake.

The questions I have are as follows:
1. I see Genesis mode - I have master system gamepads with 2 buttons.  Would the second button not work on these if I use it in Genesis mode?  Mine only shows 1 button being pressed on the screen...

2. trackball - I have an Atari 8 bit trackball made by wico - is there any animation on the screen to show a trackball is connected?

3. lightgun?  this one is far fetched but I have a Sega master system lightgun - would this possibly work?  (assuming I can find a crt?)

Thank you!

(@ali)
Member Admin

Hi there. thanks for the post.

Unfortunately, no support for seg master system yet.  I will probably add support for it in the near future with a firmware update. i recently got my hands on a controller so will give it a go when i get some time over the summer.  Currently, the Genesis mode supports the next gen Sega Genesis controllers like the 3 (A,B,C) ad the 6 button ones with the added X,Y,Z and few extra buttons.   

In trackball mode, screen animations can be toggled ON/OFF by pressing the Red and Yellow buttons at the same time but it may cause a bit of latency so its off by default, especially if you are using it in mouse mode. You have to turn on Mouse mode for most emulators and games.  Only a few games like the Atari 8bit missile command will support the original native trackball modes if your trackball supports it. 

Light guns, i have not ventured into yet. Hopefully one day i will get my hands on one. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share:

Search for products

Product has been added to your cart